Whose fault is it that your health and fitness is crap?
Does it really matter?
We don't want you feeling bad about your current state, we want you to feel empowered.
Empowered to the point where you do not need to rely on quick fixes, dodgy organisations, special brands of food or even us to reach and maintain optimal fitness and health levels.
So is it the fault of your cortisol levels, dodgy thyroid, addictive food or our modern diet and lifestyles? They may, in fact, all have a role to play, but can we do anything about them which does not involve buying a pill or product?
Yes we can, we can own these problems and take control.
Obstacles exist, sweating, time, injuries, money but you have two choices, either you continue to make excuses for ill health and fitness, or you own it and make it better. Because your health is the most important thing you have, without it you are screwed and your life is going to suck.
You can transform your life.
Whether or not you are willing to accept it or not you actually have all the tools you need to transform your life. At Witterings Fitness we believe there are 5 areas that we can have complete control over and can not blame external circumstances as to why they are not working for us. Again this sounds harsh, it took me some time to admit this for myself, but once I did I made a massive change.
1. Mindset. Read, listen and watch as much as you can about creating a growth mindset, understand where you are now and how a growth mindset is the number one thing you need to be successful. Do not underestimate this, it underpins everything and it is the first thing we focus on with our clients at Witterings Fitness. If you want to understand more about this then keep an eye out for our 'Mindset Mastery Guide' coming out soon.
2. Training. You can train wherever you are whoever you are, whenever you want. There is no excuse to sit on your arse all day and do nothing. Unless you have some kind of paralysis or significant injury. At the very least, you should be able to get out for a walk if you can not walk then lift some weights, stretch. You can do something to move your body. It does not matter, try to pick something you enjoy and if you do not have a clue what you are doing, come to Witterings Fitness or check our YouTube channel out and learn. Seek expert guidance if you are planning on getting into serious exercise for the first time to avoid injuries down the line.
3. Nutrition. Again you can decide what you put into your mouth, forget feeling embarrassed because you decided to look after and nourish your body. You can choose what you eat when and how much. Prepare and plan what you are going to eat and when so you don't get caught out. That includes those with eating disorders, however, you guys need to focus on the mindset piece a lot more. Shit happens and sometimes you want chocolate, have the bloody chocolate (swap it for 70% dark though. Remember what you do most of the time is what counts the most. Eat real food mindfully.
4. Recovery. Guess what as you start training you might get some muscle soreness. You will need to make time to recovery. Foam roll, stretch take saunas eat well and sleep. If you are feeling super sore after training then you are not making time to recover and you will pick up an injury. No excuses - make 10 mins a day for recovery, we can all manage that. I could write endlessly about this, but check out our YouTube channel where we will talk most about this.
5. Sleep. Do not underestimate the power of sleep. 95% of your recovery happens in deep sleep. So if you are getting no deep sleep then you are going to have low energy and will be sore. If you get no REM, then your mind will be all over the place. Failure to reach quality sleep leaves you open to chronic fatigue, illness and sore muscles! Getting enough deep sleep is worth about 10 expressos and a does of steroids! You actually release HGH, Human growth hormones during your sleep which help you build and recover, this is also the sort of thing the Russian liked to inject into their athletes! Get yourself a bedtime routine, change the sheets spray some fancy oils, get the phone out of the bedroom, take a cold shower, ditch the coffee cycle there are hundreds of things you can try. When you figure out what works for you stick with it and prioritise your sleep above staying up watching some shit on TV!
If you use these points I guarantee that you can seriously change your life, getting a coach can really help you plan and implement some of these ideas and help you realise if you have a fixed mindset or are just making shitty excuses!
Please do not go budget on your fitness class/coaching, joining a 30+ person fitness class or super cheap gym might seem good in the short term. But if you have never done fitness before you could seriously be worse than doing nothing. The chance of you getting injured and hating exercise is high, this is both bad for your health but also your wallet. It is like spending £5 on a crap watch that breaks every year, or buy a watch for £50 quid that lasts a lifetime. Buy cheap buy twice (or more!).
At Witterings Fitness we have been lucky enough to helped hundreds of clients improve their health and fitness, and I am writing this honestly, at the end of our first year of business! We are not stopping there we want to help the Witterings become the healthiest place to live in the UK. We all love the Witterings and want to live and move well enough to enjoy it for the long term!
If you want to help us on our mission please feel free to get in touch or tag someone who could do with a hand in this post. We are also moving our programme online so if you are not in the Witterings then keep an eye out for our online training programmes.
Thanks for reading
Coach Ben Price